Recycler.exe virus will attack your drives, both hard disk and removable. The origin name of recycler virus is W32.Lecna.H, a worm that spreads by copying itself to all of your currently active drives. After infecting your computer, it will download potentially malicious code if you connected to the internet. Some anti virus just passed recycler, so you must delete it manually. Here is the method:
- Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- Select Processes tab.
- Search and find CTFMON.EXE. Select it and click End Task.
- Run Search tool. Search CTFMON.EXE file and delete it. Commonly it is located in Startup menu.
- Open Run tool. Type cmd. The Command application will open.
- Type cd\.
- Type attrib –r –s –h +a *.inf.
- Type del autorun.inf.
- Type attrib –r –s –h +a recycled.
- Type cd recycled.
- Type del *.* and confirm the deletion.
- Type cd\.
- Type rmdir recycled.
- Now the recycler virus is removed from your system drive. What you need to do next is repeating step 6-13 and apply it to other drives.
- Upgrade your anti virus definition and re-scan your computer.
This virus has been widely spread these days and it has become very common that every pen drive we use will be infected by this virus. This Recycler virus / BV:AutoRun-G[Wrm] is very annoying one and even formatting the pen drive will not remove the virus. Though antivirus software is able to identify, it cannot remove the virus completely. If you delete this manually, it will again create itself and none of the virus removal tricks could work to resolve the problem.
Double click on it and it will ask you to insert USB Flash drive and click ok. Do so.
Clicking on ok will make your desktop go blank, don’t worry, its normal.
It will fix the autorun.inf virus and you are done partially. Yes, its a partial solution, it will lock the autorun file and you will see some file created by flash disinfector. If you remove the file, the virus get reactivate. May be some future update of our antivirus softwares will have complete fix for this.